By popular request! FACTS is offering a two day intermediate wool painting workshop with professional fibre artist Kathy White. Immerse yourself in a world of creativity and possibility as Kathy shares her secrets for successful ‘painting’ with beeswax, wool and other fibres.
This workshop will explore:
- applying beeswax to the panels and how to use it for effect
- working with the raised wooden panels that Kathy uses for her own artwork
- applying wool yarns to a beeswax covered surface to create unique wall art
- incorporating other mediums like paint, fabric, and embroidery floss
- using sketches and sample pieces to develop an unformed idea into a confident statement
- finishing your work for polish and longevity
The small class size promotes discussion and focus as Kathy guides through the process to create three 4″ x 4″ sample works on Day 1 and a complete 8″ x 8″ finished work on Day 2.
No experience necessary but a sense of adventure is required!
All materials provided.
Bring your own lunch (we have a fridge and microwave) or have your lunch provided both days by Cait’s Café for an additional $40.
When: September 28th & 29th – 10 am to 4:30 pm
Where: FACTS Gallery & Creative Space, 441 Queen Street, Blyth