The Fashion Arts & Creative Textiles Studio (FACTS) is an educational and innovative hub for textile, fashion and costume designers, artists and artisans across Ontario. The program offers classes, open studios and workshops at the community and professional level as well as networking, professional development and community events. FACTS believes that skills training, local resources and local production can help support a sustainable future for practicing artisans, designers and communities.
The FACTS Gallery has reopened!
Our new summer hours are Wed-Sat from 11am – 5pm.
If you are going to drop by and say hi please abide by the following guidelines for entering the gallery:
- If you are ill or have a fever, please do not enter the gallery.
- If you have been in contact with someone who has Covid-19 or if you have travelled outside of Canada in the last 3 weeks, please do not enter the gallery.
- 3 people from the same household are allowed in the gallery at one time.
- If there are already people in the gallery, please wait your turn.
- Upon entering the gallery, please use the hand sanitizer provided.
- Masks are appreciated but not necessary.
- Please do not touch any of the art. If you are interested in a piece, let us know, and we will assist you.
This year FACTS is introducing FACTS Chats, social gatherings where a speaker or artist talks about a subject related to fibre and textile art. Sometimes there will be demos, things to touch and play with or group activities. Every FACTS chat will have an opportunity to ask questions of the speaker.
FACTS Chat - Darian Lajoie-Spring out of your Cocoon
Discover the wonders of working with silk and natural fibres. Join us for a social evening with fibre artist Darian where she discusses and demonstrates working with silk cocoons and natural fibres in her beautiful creations.